Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why did you chose your favorite driver?

Nascar fans have always spoken out about which driver they love to watch. Personally I have several Favorite Drivers, but only one that I would almost kill to see win.

I asked myself the question: "What made you choose that driver? that team?"

And this is the answer I came up with.

~Unlike some, I chose a driver not only for his looks, skill, family name, sponsor, team owner, or make/model of car.

I chose a a good man, with a good heart.

I chose a "Hometown/Home state" Hero who tries to make a difference.

I've followed his career for 21 years. I watched him in go-carts, in late models, in Nationwide (of course it was Busch then), and now in Cup.~

But, I know that different people chose for different reasons.

Some follow the same drivers their parents watched. Others have devotions to sponsors, team owners,or (like my children) paint schemes.

My question to you is this: "WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE DRIVER,AND WHY?"

I will take comments until the green flag flies over the all-star race.

At which time, I will tally the votes, and the most popular reasons for chosing.

I will add a tribute in true NASCARPOET style to the most popular driver using the reasons given and dedicate it to the fans that Answered The Call.

Hope to hear from you soon!

3 comments:

  1. dale jr.. cause he has the same style as me and he jus a good person and really cool!

    Kyle Busch.. hes a great driver, hes confident, he just goes out and does the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite driver is Jimmie Johnson. He is my favorite because not only is he a great driver, but he is a wonderful humanitarian with all the charity work he and his wife do through the jimmie johnson foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff Gordon is favorite driver. I picked him in the beginning because of his determination to win in NASCAR even though a lot of people thought he did not belong here. His Jeff Gordon Foundation works to help children battling peadiatric cancer and supports the Jeff Gordon Children's Hospital. He is a devote to his fans as we are devoted to him.

    ReplyDelete